– ‘Mental illness’ is a general term that refers to a group of illnesses affecting the mind, in the same way that physical illness refers to illnesses which affect the body.
– They are associated with distress or impaired functioning.
– The term mental health problem refers to signs and symptoms of mental illnesses that do not fit criteria for a specific disorder
– Psychiatric nurses
– Clinical social workers
– Occupational therapists
– Emergency psychiatry
– Addiction psychiatry
– Forensic psychiatry: forensic psychiatrists
– Military psychiatry
– Industrial psychiatry:psychiatrists in the US (occupational psychology is the name used for the most similar discipline in the UK
– Cross cultural psychiatry
– Community psychiatry
– Social psychiatry