- Adequacy of the client’s bowel and bladder.
- The client’s bowel and urinary habits.
- Bowel or urinary problems
- Use of urinary or bowel elimination devices.
- How frequent are your bowel movements?
- Do you use laxatives? What kind and how often do you use them?
- Do you use enemas or suppositories? How often and what kind?
- Do you have any discomfort with your bowel movements? Describe.
- How frequently do you urinate?
- What is the amount and color of your urine?
- Do you have any of the following problems with urinating:
- Pain? Blood in urine? Difficulty starting a stream? Incontinence? Voiding frequently at night? Voiding frequently during day? Bladder infections?
- Have you ever had a urinary catheter? Describe. When? How long?
Refer to Abdominal Assessment, and the rectal assessment.
- Opportunity to enhance adequate bowel elimination pattern
- Opportunity to enhance adequate urinary elimination pattern
- Risk for constipation
- Risk for altered urinary elimination
- Altered Bowel Elimination Constipation
- Bowel Incontinence
- Altered Urinary Elimination Patterns of Urinary Retention
- Total Incontinence
- Stress Incontinence