Assessing the client’s nutritional-metabolic pattern is to determine the client’s dietary habits and metabolic needs. The conditions of hair, skin, nails, teeth and mucous membranes are assessed
Dietary and Fluid Intake
- Describe the type and amount of food you eat at breakfast, lunch, and supper on an average day
- Do-you take any vitamin supplements? Describe.
- Do you find it difficult to tolerate certain foods? Specify.
- Do you ever experience nausea and vomiting? Describe.
- Do you ever experience abdominal pains? Describe.
Condition of Skin
- Describe the condition of your skin.
- How well and how quickly does your skin heal?
- Do you have any skin lesions? Describe-
- Do you have any itching? What do you do for relief?
Condition of Hair and Nails
- Have you had difficulty with scalp itching or sores?
- Do you use any special hair or scalp care products?
- Have you noticed any changes in your nails? Color Cracking? Shape? Lines?
- What would you consider to be your “ideal weight”?
- Have you had any recent weight gains or losses?
- Do you have any intolerance to heat or cold?
- Have you noted any changes in your eating or drinking habits? Explain.
- Have you noticed any voice changes?
Assess the client’s temperature, pulse, respirations, and height and weight.
- 0pportunity to enhance nutritional metabolic pattern
- Opportunity to enhance effective breastfeeding
- Opportunity to enhance skin integrity
- Risk for Altered Body Temperature
- Risk for Infection
- Risk for altered nutrition less than body requirements .
- Risk for Aspiration
- Fluid Volume Deficit
- Fluid Volume Excess
- Altered Nutrition: Less than body requirements
- Altered Nutrition: More than body requirements
- Ineffective Breastfeeding
- Altered Oral Mucous Membrane
- Impaired Skin Integrity.