Acute glomerulonephritis Definition
– Is an allergic reaction to an infection in the body which is generally a anephritogenic
strain of group A beta-hemolytic streptococcal infection of the throat or skin
– It is the most common form of nephritis in children and occurs most frequently in
males between the age of 3-7 years.
– The glomerulus are inflamed and sometimes blocked permitting R.B.C and proteinto enter the urine.
– from 1-3 weeks after streptococcal infection has occurred in the child ,the urine
becomes smoky brown in colour or bloody.
– per orbital edema may also be present with fever ,headache ,diarrhea ,and vomiting.
– urine out put is decreased ,hypertension may occur.
1- G.U.E reveal albumin,R.B.C ,W.B.C cast may be found.
2- blood urea increase.
3- ESR increase.
4- hyperkalemia may produce cardiac toxicity.
2- cardiac failure.
3- renal failure.
Penicillin is given for 10 days.
Is excellent ,2nd attack is uncommon ,death is rare.
A) renal chart is very important including :
1- daily weighing of child.
2- blood pressure 6 hourly.
3- urine out put 24 hours is collected.
4- diet →protein intake should be decreased in case of high blood urea.
– Salt restriction is indicated in case of high blood pressure and edema.
B) bed rest.
C) he should be protected from contact from contact with infection.
D) the patients vital signs are taken regularly.